Professional Services as part of Global Services delivers rapid, outstanding design, implementation and integration services. As part of this service line, PS offers Quick Start Implementation Services and Custom solutions. The Global Product Practices in PS include Symmetric, Unified Storage, Data Migration and Backup and Recovery Services.
PS PM team offers end to end project management for new product implementations and support migration projects.
- Responsible for the delivery of moderate complex, moderate risk projects. Maintains project quality, finances and focus.
- Prepares detailed project plans of an engagement within the standards of project management methodologies. Reviews and validates statement of work (SOW). Categorizes requirements into a project plan detailing schedules, controls, resources, costs and daily tasks. Prepare risk and remediation plan. Responsible for creating one team approach, goals and milestones within a project to ensure EMC"s commitments to the customer are achieved. Adheres to established standards, processes, and methods to produce solutions that conform to requirements. Strives for, maintains and further develops excellence in processes and services.
- Establishes project governance. Responsible for the delivery and daily management of activities, which are coordinated with EMC employees or Partner Resources. Works with Resource Management on project staffing. Accountable for delivering projects on time, within budget and to the satisfaction of the customer and sales. Holds responsibility for achieving the EMC Bar of Excellence as the highest level of Customer Satisfaction.
- Controls the financial compliance. Completes weekly and quarterly forec asts of revenue and utilization. Prepares estimated time to complete, manages back-log. Manages the cost budget and the impact of change requests on cost budget. Responsible for correct invoicing. Follows and exe cutes EMC"s revenue recognition rules and policies.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance; ensure project is delivered to scope defined within SOW and ensure any deviations are processed via defined Change Control process. Participates in customer discussions regarding budget, risk and impact of changes. Communicates to all EMC concerned parties any existing or potential customer escalation issues. Proactively follows the EMC escalation and change control process.
- Point of contact during the project for all aspects of the engagement. Ensures a strong and seamless relationship by maintaining communications about the project to the stakeholders: customers, management, sales and delivery personnel. Holds internal and customer kick-off meeting as appropriate. Responsible for regular status reports.
- Articulates the full value of the EMC Solutions and EMC Services business benefit to the customer. Keeps eyes open on potential future opportunities at the customers" and communicates to sales as appropriate.
Lead team during project life-cycle; provide project management, leadership and oversight to project and/or workstreams. Provide performance feedback to management and team members.
- Stays abreast of current industry trends and new technology through professional associations, trade journals, networking, and associated training and seminars. Complete and maintain industry recognized project management certification. Complete quarterly accreditations.
- May actively contribute to the account planning process.